Blackout Shade System
If you grow plants that need extra beauty sleep, our blackout screens are double layered to provide more than 99.9% blackout (enough for the most sensitive plants). This even lets you choose an aluminum or white upper layer for solar reflection and a white under layer to intensify the effects of any supplemental lighting. The XLS OBSCURA screens are for inside the greenhouse with sliding and suspended systems, whereas ILS HORTIROLL is for rolling applications.
Double layered Obscura screens provide the total blackout needed to manage plants that need a shorter day than daylight hours allow. Single layer Obscura is used with supplemental lighting for plants that need additional light. It keeps the light inside the greenhouse for maximum effect – and restricts the light from disturbing neighbours.
Reasons to choose Obscura:
- Total control over day length for the most sensitive plants
- Effective cooling when reflective upper surface chosen
- High energy saving especially if one layer is aluminium
- Light emission control that satisfies neighbours and legislation
- Increased productivity when used with supplemental lighting
- More uniformity from supplemental lighting in the growing area
- Good moisture management
Click an Picture for complete model description, specifications and pricing.