CS Fodder Systems
Fodder is defined as "plant material, usually leaves and stems" however, when it is grown hydroponically even the roots can be consumed by the animal. As a grass plant matures, its nutrient availability is more dramatically reduced. These young, tender, 7-8 day old plants are highly nutritious full of energy, protein, minerals and vitamins for your herd.
Our unique hydroponic fodder growing racks are designed to produce nutritious forage using an 7-8 day cycle. It is possible to turn 1 pound of barley seed into 7 pounds of living forage, allowing you to harvest a large amount of high quality, protein and enzyme rich fodder on a daily basis. With as little as 20 minutes of labor, you can produce up to 210 pounds of hydroponic fodder sprouts a day. Each galvanized steel-supported system also includes all necessary plumbing, submersible pump, timer and detailed operational instructions. These systems can be recirculating or drain-to-waste compatible, making growing your own fodder a breeze!
The CS-Fodder 4-8 is our smallest system, perfect for those only needing a small amount of hydroponic fodder sprouts each day. Whether you're feeding twenty chickens or one cow, the daily production of your own nutritious fodder is economically beneficial and lots of fun! Larger space between shelves allows room to mount supplemental lighting.
Perfect for the hobby farmer!
CS Fodder 624
The CS-Fodder 6-24 is identical to our large model in every way except for length. It is perfect for entry level growers, or someone experimenting with the addition of fodder to their feeding regim. At an extremely competitive price this unit is a great way to "get your feet wet" growing hydroponic fodder sprouts.
Capable of producing 105 pounds of fodder daily!
CS Fodder 1224
The CSFodder 12-24 is our largest hydroponic fodder system, with the capability to produce upwards of 210 pounds of fresh green sprouts on a daily basis this is the perfect choice for larger farms. With a footprint of only 13’ x 4’ x 6’1” you are able to grow your own fodder without dependence on large acreage. The 12-24 utilizes NFT hydroponic technology to effectively sprout your grains without adding unnecessary moisture to your growing environment. This system contains 24 UV stabilized PVC channels measuring 12’ long and 10” wide. Each of these channels has individual water flow controllers allowing for optimization of rotational harvesting. These trays are supported by a locally sourced galvanized steel structure that will hold up to the high humidity environment necessary for hydroponic fodder production.
240 Square feet of growing area
CS Fodde 84
- (8) 10 inch W x 4 foot L UV stabilized, food grade PVC growing channels
- 2 channels per level/ 4 levels high
- Overall footprint of assembled system is 2’2” wide x 5’6” Tall x 4’6” Long
- 1 Soaking bucket with 2 mesh liners
- 27 Square feet of growing area
- Capable of producing 23 pounds a day!
CS Fodder 624
- (24) 10 inch W x 6 foot L UV stabilized, food grade PVC growing channels
- 4 channels per level 6 levels high
- Overall footprint of assembled system is 7’ Long x 4’ Wide x 6’4” Tall
- 3 Soaking buckets with 6 mesh liners
- 120 Square feet of growing area
- Capable of producing 105 pounds of fodder daily!
- (24) 10 inch W x 12 foot L UV stabilized, food grade PVC growing channels
- 4 channels per level by 6 levels high
- Overall footprint of assembled system is 13’ Long x 4’ Wide x 6’4” Tall
- 3 Soaking buckets with 6 mesh liner
- 240 Square feet of growing area
If you need additional technical support or have a question, we can be reached 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM central time, Monday through Friday at:
Phone: 800-531-4769 (toll-free US and Canada) or 251-471-5238