Solar- Ice Cooling Poly Film
Solar-Ice is a four-year film that will lower greenhouse temperatures in the daytime heat. Solar- Ice is the first highly diffusing greenhouse film that improves growing conditions by using controlled diffusion to influence the light reaching the plant. It is designed to make more light available to plants by increasing the amount of diffused light to close to the maximum, while reducing short wave infra-red radiation and enhancing useful light in the PAR range. This four-year, 6 mil film is the ideal choice as an outside layer, and the perfect partner with GT IR/AC on the interior
This leads to healthy, bushy plants while reducing greenhouse temperatures. In addition, there is less risk of plants scorching while achieving an optimum rate of photosynthesis. Solar-Ice creates higher yields and stronger-than-normal root systems, making it a excellent choice for ornamental plants, nursery stock and tomatoes.
Greenhouse owners have long contended with the loss of heat from greenhouses during the night and at times of cool weather. That is why high level of thermicity of Solar-Ice is so important. Research conducted in Europe shows that, in greenhouses covered with Solar-Ice, the total solar heat load was reduced by over 20%, without any significant decrease in PAR light.
Your workers and customers will enjoy this more comfortable environment and you can expect this will be reflected in productivity, too.
- 4 year, 6 mil greenhouse film
- High light transmission
- Excellent thermic properties
- Effective light diffusion
Back to Coverings Page
Solar-Ice Cooling Film
16', 20.5' 24', 32', 41', 48'
||Sheet widths (Any length)||Prices /sf
|Solar-Ice 6mil - 4 years
|| 16', 20.5' 24', 32', 41', 48'
||Call for Order
Call 1-800-531-4769 if you have any questions! Please call for inquiries on volume purchases.
|Light Transmission Par
|Total Solar Energy Transmission
lowers greenhouse temperature by 9 degrees compared to outside (during summer heat-build season)
- produces higher-yielding plants with stronger than normal root systems
- less demand for watering
- inhibits fungus spore development
- inhibits insect propagation
- comfortable working conditions during harvest season
1. Check that the frame, structure or wall to which the insect screen will be fastened is as square as possible, to eliminate twisting or shortage of fabric.
2. Metal parts should not touch the screen. In the summer, heat accumulates in metal parts, and might damage the plastic screen. Therefore, it is important to cover metal parts with white water based latex paint or white tape to protect the screen.
3. When you install the screen, keep the screen square and parallel to the sides of the greenhouse. This will keep the fibers of the screen parallel. If the fibers are not parallel to the greenhouse sides, the screen will be shortened in length and in width.
4. When you install several screens together which have not been stitched, you should connect the first screen to the sides of the greenhouse. Then, connect the second screen to the first one and to the greenhouse sides.
Phone: 800-531-4769 (toll-free US and Canada) or 251-471-5328